Harrop sets sights on trophy

(Manchester United News)

Harrop sets sights on trophy

Manchester United youngster Josh Harrop is over his injury problems and targeting Barclays Under-21 Premier League glory.

The midfielder doubled his league tally for the campaign with a brace in the 3-2 win over West Ham on Tuesday that leaves United four points clear at the head of the table.

"It's a good result," the 19-year-old told MUTV. "We worked hard as a team and battled through. Obviously there were some mistakes in the game but it happens. I just had a shot and the keeper missed it - I'm not going to complain! For the second one, I just ran around the back and the ball fell to me so I helped it on. I felt lucky today.

"I'm always looking to score. It's something I've been trying to add to my game but I've been injured for a couple of months and in and out of the team due to problems with my groins. I'm getting back fit now and it's good to be playing again.

"I want to try to play in all of the matches until the end of the season, play well and keep performing. I'll try to score more goals and hopefully we can contend for the title. That's the aim and what we want to be doing. The team wants to win the trophy."