Shaw looking to the future with United

(Manchester United News)


Luke Shaw has reflected on an incredible 12 months that have taken him from Southampton to Manchester United via a World Cup in Brazil, but the defender insists he is just at the start of his journey in football.

Speaking in the latest issue of official club magazine Inside United, the 19-year-old talks through his meteoric rise in the game that has paved a way to Old Trafford, and he says: "I appreciate I've been lucky to be my age and to have gone to the World Cup, and to be where I am now. It’s just unbelievable.

"[But] I’m not taking anything for granted. I just want to keep on improving as a player and show people why I am here at Manchester United."

In a wide-ranging interview, Shaw also talks about his early days playing local football, his formative time at the Southampton Academy and his Reds career so far. He also discusses settling in Manchester, a city he's already taken to heart. "I love it. It's a nice place to be," he says. "I’ve settled down in my house and it’s nice and quiet. I’m with my family and have a couple of friends up here, so it just feels like home."

Elsewhere in the May issue of Inside United, on sale now and available to order online, Phil Jones helps preview the big upcoming showdowns with Tottenham and Liverpool, we relive the 1964/65 title-winning season 50 years on, plus much more.