Valdes: De Gea is the world's best

(Manchester United News)

Valdes: De Gea is the world's best

Manchester United new boy Victor Valdes is in no doubt that David De Gea is the world's best goalkeeper on current form.

The 33-year-old has been hugely impressed with his fellow Spaniard since joining the Reds and understands why he is having to be patient before making his senior debut.

"You are always waiting for your opportunity to play and train every day to show your performance to the manager,” Valdes exclusively told United Uncovered. “But now David is in a very, very high performance level. I think he is the most important goalkeeper in the world in this moment. So it is difficult to play and, of course, I must accept this."


When asked about the claims of some of the other world-class keepers around the globe, such as Thibaut Courtois and Manuel Neuer, the three-times Champions League winner was unequivocal.
“For me, the top [keeper] now is David," he insisted. "I see him every day in training. I watch him every game, every week, and his performances right now are amazing. Every week, he makes saves to help the team so I am very happy for him and also for the fans. 


"I always hear them sing the song of David De Gea, so I think they are very happy with David for the level of performance he has shown in the last few years. I feel the fans are definitely very happy with the job he is doing.”