Pochettino's plan of attack at Old Trafford

(Manchester United News)

Pochettino's plan of attack at Old Trafford

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino has vowed to go on the offensive against United at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Reds boss Louis van Gaal admitted that he admires Spurs' style of play, which Pochettino insists he would never change.

“I am brave,” says the Argentinian. “I never think in another way. My football idea is always to concentrate on the opponents’ goal, so why should I change? It goes against my way of thinking. My football is about trying to have the ball, playing attacking football and damaging the opponent. This is my feeling, my idea, and I need to translate those ideas to the team.”

Defender Frederico Fazio believes Spurs’ back-to-back wins has put the squad in a positive mood, saying: "It has been very important for our confidence. We are in a good position to stay in the running for the European places. We have a very difficult game at United but we are in a good way going into this match, and need to win."

Winger Andros Townsend adds: "It's a chance to show that we're capable of beating the biggest teams in the league. Old Trafford is one of the hardest places to go, but having gone there the last two years and got great results, we've got the confidence to get three points again. Their manager puts out a top quality side but we'll play attacking football."